Job Posting - Senior Building Designer
NIDO Design Inc. is a Kelowna, British Columbia based studio with expertise in the design and construction of Passive House and Living Building Challenge projects. Our areas of practice include:
1. High Performance Single Family Residential Design and Consulting
2. Passive House Design, Energy Modeling and Consulting
3. Interior Design for Residential and select Commercial Interiors
Our company culture is driven by the passion to produce truly sustainable homes and buildings defined by low energy consumption, low embodied energy material selection, low to zero emissions, and excellent indoor comfort levels. We take pride in well thought out and coordinated drawing and specification packages and have a great appreciation for what it takes to get behind the tools and physically construct what we put on paper. The results speak for themselves – quality projects that outperform 99% of all buildings in the world with inspired design expression and lasting value for our clients and communities.
In the coming years, NIDO’s goal is to create a series of prefabricated homes and cabins both designed and constructed by NIDO. In another words, if you aren’t afraid of picking up the tools and physically constructing something you’ve designed, drop us a line.
Senior Building Design
Level of Experience: 10 years minimum of design, construction contract administration, and hands-on practical experience in construction considered a major asset. Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant designation and experience on Living Building Challenge projects also considered an asset.
Note that we are willing to pay for Passive House training and ongoing education in the interest of creating a knowledgeable team that thrives on constant improvement.
1. We are looking for someone who takes pride, ownership and responsibility for the work they produce. A desire to run projects from concept to completion is a must.
2. Design oriented with a strong understanding of high-performance building envelopes, panelized and modular prefabrication techniques, and mechanical systems.
3. Experience with Sketchup / Layout, Office and Adobe Suite. Note that we use Sketchup / Layout for everything from energy modeling, design, construction documentation, 3D fly-throughs and high-quality renderings. Training will be provided as required.
4. Develop detailed construction document packages including drawings, details and specifications. Additionally, coordination of consultant drawings and a strong understanding of structural and mechanical systems considered an asset.
5. Provide ongoing construction contract administration services including tender packages, addenda, site instructions, change orders, contemplated change orders, change directives, etc.
6. Most work is based in the office, with some time spent visiting clients and sites to review and report on completed work. Site work may involve working outdoors in all weather conditions.
7. Understanding of the BC Building Code and able to interpret Municipal Zoning Bylaws
Please send your PDF resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.